Friday, February 17, 2012

Minnesota State Dance Team!!!

This weekend is a weekend that all high school dance teams, coaches, parents and alumni look forward to - STATE!!! It is almost like a holiday for everyone that participates. I am proud to say that I am an alum of the Maple Grove High School Dance team. It is crazy to think that 10 years ago today was my senior year state tournament, I definatly do not feel that old to be out of high school for 10 years. It seems like just yesterday that I was backstage with my team and coaches getting ready to take that state floor for finals! My senior year, was the teams first time going to state. There were six seniors that were on the team (including me), and we were so excited to finally make it. After three years of striving to achieve the state level we made it our senior year. During those three years we went through a lot that only the coaches and members of the team during that time would understand!! I remember standing in our line for awards after prelims and hear "Maple Grove" announced - this meant that we were going onto finals!!! There were hugs and tears of happiness among the team, coaches and parents. We worked to hard to get to that point and we made it. We ended up getting fourth that year in state. Our first year and we got fourth! It was a memory that I will never forget.


Now the team has won numerous state titles in the ten years since the first appearance at State! Maple Grove is known as one of the top dance teams in the state of Minnesota!!! I could not be more proud of saying that I was a part of the beginning of the legacy of the MGDT. So to my former team and all the other teams competing good luck, dancing on that state floor is one of the best moments in my life so enjoy every minute of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment