Saturday, October 15, 2011

Things that babies get called

Everyone gives their child nicknames. It starts at birth and then the names continue to grow and change throughout the child's life. When I was little my nickname from my dad was pumpkin and munchkin. He still calls me munchkin sometimes to this day. In high school I as known as pickle (due to my last name) and Lil V (again for my last name and my older brother). Now that I am in my adulthood I am known just at Stacey. My husbands nickname now is scuba steve. It was funny because for the longest time Steve did not scuba dive...a couple of years ago he decided to get certified and he is now officially scuba steve.
For my daughter we call her Nolar Bear and Bug-a-Boo. For short we sometimes call her bear (she is going to love that when she is older). It will be interesting to see how her nicknames will evolve over time. What will her friends call her??
Well this brings me to what random people call your child. Steve and I were at the airport with our daughter getting some breakfast before we had to board our plane. So we order our Egg McMuffins and the McDonalds worker precides to tell us that "the force is strong with that one." I didn't get it at first so I just looked and was like ahhh yeah thanks! Steve totally understood it and said thanks to be nice. The worker then proceeds to say "if only Yoda had that much force. She is like a Yoda here on earth." He started talking to her and calling her Yoda. When we left he said bye to "Yoda". It was interesting at first I was like my child does not look like Yoda. I was slightly mad that he made that comparision with my daughter. But Steve made me realize that coming from him (a Star Wars fanatic), it was probably a compliment. To this day we still laugh when we think about it.
So what do you call your babies? Has anyone given them an odd nickname??

2 comments:

  1. We call our little guy JoJo, which sometimes turns into JojoBeans (no clue why!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ella used to have a black hooded shirt and with the hood up WE thought she looked like Yoda! The nick name we usually use for Ella is E-Claire or pumpkin butt. Usually it's just Ella or Ella Claire.

    ReplyDelete